Nowadays we don’t face each other, we use FaceTime. And actually FaceTime calls are perfect way in order to stay in touch with each other because all of us are busy and getting some time from our busy schedule to meet someone becomes hectic. So it’s better to use such apps Like FaceTime to stay in touch from your home. However, while being at call, we wish sometimes to record the moment so that we can watch it later.
But is it really possible? Can we really record FaceTime call on Mac and iPhone? If yes, How to record FaceTime calls? These are the questions must be bothering you which is indeed valid.
So without wasting any more time, let’s proceed to the procedure.
Let us see how to record FaceTime calls using Mac and iPhone one by one. But first let’s proceed with Mac.
How to Record FaceTime calls on Mac?
Since most of us prefer laptop screen to do a video call, here is the solution of how to record Facetime call using Mac and watch them later. We are presenting the steps here one by one.
So its advisable to follow the steps carefully and do not miss any of them. Let’s get started.
- First of all, open the quick time on your Mac from the dock or from the Application folder first.
- Click on the file in menu bar.
- Now simply click on the new screen recording option.
- In the Quicktime window, you will see an arrow right next to the record button, click on it.
- From the list of available microphones, choose Internal microphone and open the FaceTime.
- Then click on the record button you will see in QuickTime and if you want to record the full screen, click the screen. Or else, click and drag the FaceTime window only in order to record FaceTime.
- Start the FaceTime call.
- Whenever you want to end the recording, click on stop recording in menu bar.
- Then click on the file and save it.
- Give the desired name to your recording and choose the location where you want to save the call.
- Save it.
So in these 11 easy steps, you can save the FaceTime call on your Mac easily without even using any third party app. However, please make sure not to miss any single step and in case of any confusion, check all the steps twice.
How to record FaceTime call on iPhone using Mac?
Now to record the call on iPhone, you will still need a Mac as you can not record the screen natively on your phone. So here is the guide on how to record FaceTime call on iPhone using Mac.
- First of all, you need to connect your iPhone to your Mac with either a lightning cable or a 30-pin connector.
- Then quickly open QuickTime on your Mac from dock or app folder. (Whatever feasible)
- Then click on the File in Menu Bar.
- Start the New Movie Recording by clicking on the option seen.
- Click on the arrow right next to the record button.
- From the list of available cameras, choose iPhone.
- Quickly unlock your phone and the display of your iPhone’s home screen will be appeared in QuickTime on Mac.
- In order to hear the call, make sure that in the QuickTime for Mac, the volume bar is turned on.
- Now open the FaceTime on iPhone.
- Click on the Record button in Quick Time on Mac.
- Start your FaceTime call on your phone.
- Whenever you wish to stop recording or call, click on the stop recording on QuickTime and click on the file in the menu bar then.
- Click on Save the file, give the required name.
- Choose a desired location to save.
Now you will be able to watch the recording whenever you wish to.
So these were the two ways through which you can save the FaceTime call on your Mac and iPhone without using any third party app. These ways are easy, smart and very safe. Whenever you feel like to cherish those FaceTime call moments again, you can simply go to the place where you have saved the file and open and see it as many times as you want. For any doubt, query, feel free to write to us in the given comment section. Till then, Happy FaceTime.