FaceTime is one of the finest applications which is developed by Apple, for video calling and communication. Facetime has amazing features which has made it a favorite for the uses. Earlier, this application was made only for iPhone and Mac users but as the demand and the popularity of the application increased, the users started demanding Facetime for PC as well as Facetime for Android.
So, is Facetime really available for Windows? If yes, how can you download Facetime for PC?
Let’s get started.
Facetime for Windows
Facetime for Windows has made it easier for the Windows users to connect with their loved ones. High quality video calling and many more amazing features of this application makes it among the top in the list of the same genre. Some of the features of this application are stated below.
Features of Facetime
- Facetime is a free application which only requires its users to have a proper internet connection. This means that you don’t have to purchase the app neither have to buy any specific feature of the app.
- This application is an official one and anyone around the world can use it. You can Facetime your cousin in Paris or your family back in Sydney without worrying about any roaming charges.
- Not only video calling, Facetime even allows its users to make voice call to anyone around the world. Unlike other similar applications, one does not have to worry about connecting with anyone around the globe.
- You would get the highest quality video calling through facetime. The application makes sure that the video calling is of HD quality, though the resolution of the video depends on the type of device that the user is using.
- It also has this amazing feature of cross connecting. You can Facetime on PC with your friend who is using an android device. It can connect iOS devices with Android and Windows users without any difficulty.
- Facetime for PC allows the users to make a conference video with around 10 people at a single time.
- You can even hide calls from the call list, that you don’t want others to see.
- There is even an option of “favorites” where you can add your favorite contacts.
- The application adds all your contacts in its list and shows you who among your contacts, are in Facetime.
These were some of the amazing features of this application.
Requirements to Run and Install Facetime on Windows
You can use Facetime for PC by downloading the Facetime APK file.
There is no direct way to use Facetime on Windows 10, 8 or 7. The only way is to have an iOS device. (NO SITE WILL MENTION THIS)
You can however try some Apk files on Bluestacks to start using Facetime for PC.
There are certain requirements which should be there in the device in order to use Facetime. The requirements are stated below.
- The PC that you are going to use should be either Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- The CPU of the device should have a speed of more than 1 gigahertz.
- The RAM of the PC should be more than 2 gigabytes.
- The device should have a webcam or should support an external webcam.
- A microphone or headset is required for the communication.
- Finally, there should be a decent internet connection for video calling and voice call.
These were the requirements for using Face Time for Windows.
Download Facetime for PC
Before downloading this application on your PC, you need to install a proper Android emulator which would help you in running this application in your PC. There are many android emulators available which can be used for this purpose.
One of them is BlueStacks which is a popular android emulator due to its amazing feature. Make sure that you sign in with your Google account in order to use BlueStacks.
Download Bluestacks from here.
To use Facetime in Windows PC, certain methods should be followed which would ensure the legal download and use of the application. The steps to download Facetime in a legal manner, is stated below.
Step 1: Open Bluestacks
Step 2: Open Playstore and Search Facetime
Step 3: Download and Install Facetime Apk
The above procedure would help the users to use Face Time on their PC without any problem. They can open the application through BlueStacks, where the icon would appear on the screen. After the installation is done, sign in with your phone number and you are ready to use Face Time in your PC.
Though Apple has yet not made Face Time an open standard application for Windows phone due to which the Windows hone users cannot get the benefits of this application. The IOS users though have a lot of advantages while using this application. One can connect with anyone who is on Face Time. Even if the user is using an Apple watch, one can still connect to anyone through Face Time.
Install Facetime on Windows using iPadian
You can also use iPadian emulator and install Facetime on your PC from the Apple store inside your Ipadian Emulator.
Step 1: Go to http://www.ipadian.net/ and download the emulator.
Step 2: Install the emulator and run it.
Step 3: Login with your Apple Id. If you do not have, create one.
Step 4: Go to Apple App store and search for Facetime.
Step 5: Click on Install. Facetime will be downloaded on your computer.
Step 6: You can now see Facetime icon on the homescreen of your Emulator. Click on it to start using the app on your Windows device.
However, since Apple has not officially released Facetime for Windows, we recommend you to stick with the regular and the famous video calling applications like Skype, Messenger, Hangouts and so on. They are much better and can be installed on any device irrespective of the operating system.